Wallingford Elementary School PTO
The Wallingford Elementary School (WES) Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) consists of a group of concerned parents who volunteer their time and expertise to help augment the educational and recreational programs at WES. Raising funds through a number of fundraisers, the WES PTO is able to support activities such as our library programs, visiting authors, international night, math night, science assemblies, and cultural arts assemblies. In addition, we provide funding to purchase everything from supplies for the school nurse all the way to big ticket items such as new playground equipment.
The WES PTO is able to make these types of significant contributions to our children’s overall educational experience due to the generous contribution of both time and money from the families that make up the WES community. We thank you for your continued support!
To find out more about us, please contact the PTO Chair, Kelly Whitehead.
- Cradles to Crayons Project 2017/1/6 - This MLK Day, WES will be supporting “Cradles to Crayons”, a local nonprofit that provides children living in homeless shelters or low-income situations with the items they need to thrive at school, at home and at play. We are asking WES families to look through their closets for gently used or new winter coats, gloves,
- Bingo Night 2017/1/6 - It’s almost time for Bingo Night—mark your calendars for January 27th! It’s a fun-filled night for all of our WES families. We will begin collecting donations for new and gently used books this week. Donation bins will be set up in the hallway outside of the main office. Thank you for donating books!Stay tuned for further details
- Amazon Smile 2016/12/22 - With holiday shopping well underway, don’t forget to register your AmazonSmile account. AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. After registering your account here, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to our school. To earn cash for WES, you must make all purchases
- January PTO Meeting 2016/12/22 - Date Changed! The January PTO meeting has been moved from Tuesday, January 3rd to Thursday, January 5th at 7:00 pm in the Library! Please mark your calendars and join us as we kick off the new calendar year!
- Fall Book Fair 2016/11/15 - Our Fall Book Fair will be Monday, December 5th- Friday, December 9th! Give the gift of reading this holiday season. Students will have the opportunity to browse and shop during their library periods. Families may shop during evening hours on Wednesday, December 7th from 6-8pm. Library periods along with fair details are listed here. Thank you for your support!
- Box Tops Contest Results 2016/11/15 - Our box tops contest was a huge success! All classes will be rewarded with an extra recess as a prize. The classes listed here will also receive an extra prize of a Homework Pass for achieving over 700 Box Tops. With more than 15,000 box tops collected, we were able to raise over $1,500 for
- Hour of Code 2016/11/15 - The Hour of Code is coming to WES, December 5th -11th! What started as a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify “code”, to show that anybody can learn the basics, and to broaden participation in the field of computer science has since become a worldwide effort to celebrate computer science. The Hour of Code
Hour of Code: https://code.org/